Thakar Adivasi Kala Aangan is established as a centre (Museum & Art Gallery)
- To conduct academic activities such as workshops (for students of all ages), seminars, experimentation & camps programs of Thakar Art to make art relevant to Modern time.
- To undertake Research & Documentation for the study of Tribal Thakar of Sindhudurg district, culture, traditions, history, heritage & folk art.
- To facilitate the training in the arts like Kalsutri bahulya, Chitrakathi show, Leather puppetry & other art forms.
- To preserve the old heritage of Sindhudurg,?300 years old ancient Chitrakathi paintings, puppet & their artifacts.
- To present and display the best in Thakar performing arts & folk arts.
- To prepare the old heritage of Thakar Folk art, Chitrakathi paintings (300 years old), puppet string & other folk art.
- To start a conservation lab for Kala Angan.
- To start a Gurukul type of education centre for on going practice and study of Music, Paintings & other allied arts, folk arts of Pinguli.
- Preservation of the existing ages old materials in our Museum.
- Creating teams and replicating materials and programmes for taking to other parts of the country and overseas.
- Developing the required lands around our centre into shopping arcades, Art galleries and a Central Auditorium align with accommodation for children of the Gurukul and for visiting artisits and quests.
- Beautification of the campus by creating statues and paintings on the trees and on the walls.
- Some masonry work on our stage to make it weather proof.
Pinguli is a small and insignificant village in south-west Maharashtra, where the tradition of Chitrakathis still exists and thrives. This village Pinguli is in Sindhudurg district close to Kudal and only 18km away from Sawantwadi, a former princely state. The population of Pinguli and it’s vicinity is about 4000 but the actual number of houses in Pinguli is about 200. There are twelve groups of blocks of houses ( a group of house is called Wadi) out of which one is know as Gudhiwadi which belongs to Thakar wadi.